- Ore extracted from mines has to be treated in concentration plants to reach metal contents allowing industrial exploitation.
- Due to the changing characteristics of the ore, regular microscopic characterization of the feed is needed to keep the plant optimized.
- Potential benefit to customers can be huge: a 1% rise in Cu recovery will increase revenue of a typical plant by several million € per year.
- Existing solutions require highly skilled personnel, and are either slow or very costly and impose stringent infrastructure requirements.
Our system automatically obtains microscopic characterization of ores by means of a reflected light microscope controlled by a computer with a program that captures the samples and another that analyzes them.
- Higher performance for some types of ores, e.g. iron oxides.
- Can operate 24/7 .
- “Portable” robust characterization system.
- More intuitive and easier learning and use, not requiring highly specialized personnel.
- Directly on site.